Yoga is not just for adults; it is a great way to usher tiny tots into a healthy regimen. Yoga is a multifaceted subject.
Yoga is not just for adults; it is a great way to usher tiny tots into a healthy regimen. Yoga is a multifaceted subject. Aspects of yoga, when properly taught under a yoga practitioner, will provide children with sound physical and mental health and lead to balanced growth.
Children should first be taught asanas that correct anatomical defects and create flexibility. Having prepared the foundation properly, the teacher should proceed to teach complicated asanas that affect physiology and psychology of a child. Yoga asanas are not contortion of the body. Skill in the performance of yoga asana means correct placement of limbs and muscles in difference postures.
Physiological Importance of Yoga for Children
- It improves circulation vital to proper functions of the body
- It nourishes and stimulates the endocrinal gland which governs growth and development
- It helps to establish regular and easy menstrual cycle
- It enhances mental capacity
- It strengthens the nervous system thereby improving endurance
- It helps the child to become self-disciplined and self-controlled and less prone to extremities of behaviour
- It regulates the adrenal glands, thus check aggressive behaviour
- It regulates pituitary and pineal functions thus correcting brooding behaviour in girls
- It checks lethargy
- It builds self-confidence
- It helps to develop moral, ethical character
Yoga Asana for Children
- This helps to improve the arches of feet
- Helps to trim waist
- Builds up chest
Sitting Asana (Vir Asana)
- Corrects flat feet
- Removes pain in legs
- Ideal for sports people
- Makes knee joints flexible
- Helps in digestion
Forward Bending Asana (Paschim Motta Asana)
- It invigorates abdominal organ, rests the heart, and refreshes the brain
- Increases blood circulation to brain. Improves memory and will power and promotes growth
- It refreshes body and mind, keeps abdominal organs healthy
- Strengthens the back, hips, and thighs
- Provides relief from stiff neck and sore back
- It corrects rounded back and shoulder, improves respiration, and removes dullness and laziness
Read more articles on Yoga.
For more related articles, Download OnlymyHealth App.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.