Improve your immunity: 5 yoga asanas to boost the immune system.
The more robust the immune system, the more healthy and fit we'll be. It provides our body with the necessary power to fight against diseases or infections. A study suggests that regular exercise helps neutrophils to function. Most of the white blood cells that drive the immune system’s response are neutrophils. Neutrophiles are cells that work to kill unwanted and sometimes dangerous microorganisms. To increase or improve our immunity, Sankalp & Shakti, Co-founders at Goodways Fitness has shared some useful asana as follows:
- Lay the mat on a clear flat surface and lie flat on your stomach.
- Put your toes together and pull them out.
- Place your chin on the mat and your both palms close to your shoulders, elbows pointing upward.
- Now, lift your jaw, shoulders and torso taking a long deep breath.
- Take your neck up and look up towards the sky or ceiling.
- Keep your elbows slightly bent.
- Holding your breath you can and exhaling move to the starting position.
- Rest for a few seconds and repeat the asana.
- Perform this posture ten times and try to hold for 20 seconds to 60 seconds.
- First stand up on your mat with straight spine & shoulders, and feet together with both hands near your thighs, and fingers down towards the floor.
- Now put your fingers forward and your thumb on your waist.
- Fill the breath in your lungs and lean backwards, and hold the breath for a few seconds.
- Keep your eyes open.
- Now move back upwards to the initial position while exhaling.
- Rest a few second and repeat the asana.
- Perform this posture 10 to 15 times and try to hold for 10 seconds to 60 seconds.
- Keep your spine straight.
- Bend your right leg, lift it properly and place it on the left side near the knee of your stretched left foot.
- Now bend your left leg, and then bring to very close to your body, near your right hip
- Take your left arm around your right leg and grab the toe of your right leg along with left hand.
- You can hold the part of your lower leg or ankle in the beginning.
- Now turn towards your right, your right hand rested gently at the back. Twist the back as well as neck till as much as possible.
- Exhale while twisting your neck towards your end. Remain in the position for 20 to 60 seconds. Breathe slowly and generally in your final position.
- Return to your original position while inhaling
- Repeat this process with your other leg.
- Stand in Tadasana, bring your feet together or with an inch or a two-gap preferably for proper balance.
- Raise both your hands upwards towards your head and stretch with an inhalation.
- Now bend the waist forward with your hands and make an Angle of 90 degrees.
- Slowly hinge at the hips and keep your knees straight
- Come into a gentle forward fold and allow your hands to rest on the floor or your ankles or calves with an exhalation.
- Touch the forehead on your knees if possible
- Stay here for 10-20 seconds or as long as it feels good.
- Now release your posture and come back slowly by raising your hands upwards to the starting position.
- Repeat it for 10 to 15 times with full potential.
- Take a mat and sit in Vajrasana –hips on your heels
- Slowly rise on your knees placing your hands on your waist
- Feeling all the stretch at the navel, arch your back. Gently slide your palms behind over your feet and straighten your arms.
- Release the posture slowly step by step in the reverse motion.
- After Ustrasana, don’t forget to do Shashank Asana as a counterpose.
- Repeat this asana ten times.
Read more articles on Yoga
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.