Osteoarthritis is a life-long disease and is usually progressive in nature. Your doctor will advise you regarding the follow-up visits, treatment and care after diagnosis and start of treatment.
Osteoarthritis is a life-long disease and is usually progressive in nature. Your doctor will advise you regarding the follow-up visits, treatment and care after diagnosis and start of treatment. Most people will need to visit a doctor according to their recommended scheduled visits. However certain conditions may necessitate a visit to a doctor. Read to know when to call a doctor for osteoarthritis.
[Read: How to Prevent Osteoarthritis]
- People with undiagnosed swelling or stiffness in the joints that lasts for more than a few days (>14 days).
- The diagnosis is not clear (whether it is osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis).
- Person with OA on medications such as ibuprofen diclofenac who develop severe GI side effects such as nausea and vomiting, abdominal discomfort, black or tarry stools, severe constipation.
[Read: Treatment for Osteoarthritis]
- If your pain of OA is not relieved by common pain relievers such as paracetamol, ibuprofen.
- Increasing severity of symptoms which cause disability or loss of mobility especially if there is rapid worsening of symptoms.
- If you develop signs of infection such as fever, redness, or joint swelling of a joint (this may indicate inflammation or an infection).
- If there is a trauma to the bone or joint from fall or injury.
- If you develop sudden inability to walk, bear weight, or significant change in function of a limb.
Read more articles on Osteoarthritis
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.