Swine Flu Symptoms - It is important to know the symptoms of swine flu, so that if you or your family are infected you can recognize the symptoms at an early stage. Learn more!
The symptoms of swine flu are very much like seasonal (regular) flu. Every person should be aware of the symptoms, so that if you, your family or friends are infected you can recognize the symptoms at an early stage.
The symptoms of swine flu include
- fever or high temperature (over 38°C/100.4°F)
- extreme tiredness,
- cold or runny nose,
- sore throat,
- shortness of breath or difficulty in breathing
- decrease in appetite,
- aching muscles (myalgia),
- Stomach upset such as diarrhea or vomiting.
A person with fever or high temperature (over 38°C/100.4°F) and two or more of the symptoms mentioned above may have swine flu.
You should contact your physician right away if
- you have a serious underlying disease (such as cancer, chronic kidney disease) that weakens your immune system
- you are expecting,
- your sick child is less than one year
- your illness suddenly deteriorates or
- your symptoms are severe or there is no improvement after seven days or five days in children younger than 16
You should seek urgent medical care if
Swine Flu symptoms in children
- rapid breathing or difficulty in breathing
- blue skin color
- not taking adequate amount of fluids
- lethargic, not waking up or interacting poorly
- very irritable or inconsolable even on holding
- recurrence of flu-like symptoms after improvement and the fever and cough are worse
- fever with rash
Adults have the following symptoms
- difficulty in breathing or shortness of breath,
- pain or heaviness in chest or abdomen
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
- Continuous or severe vomiting
- Recurrence of flu-like symptoms after improvement and the fever and cough are worse
Read more articles on Swine Flu Symptoms
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.