India is one of the leading diabetic countries in the world. It has been oft referred to as the ‘Diabetes capital of the world’.
Shameful as it may sound, diabetes in Indians has reached this height mainly because of lifestyle drawbacks coupled with poor dietary habits.
- Obesity is one of the main causes of diabetes in India.
- Furthertudies have shown a low diabetes prone age as compared to other countries.
- There is a lack initiative to spread awareness about the disease.
- This has resulted in neglect on part of the diabetics to take their medication and check ups seriously.
- While India progresses due to rapid modernisation, people face drastic lifestyle changes owing to the sedentary nature of jobs, without any physical exercise, resulting in a regression.
- Stress has been adopted as part of the lifestyle. This stands as a strong cause of cardio-vascular diseases.
- Since people are still on the path of development, many, with their backward thought processed fear taking insulin shots and are laid back in visiting a doctor for check up.
Thus, there is a high prevalence of cases of insulin resistance, type 2 diabetes in India.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.