Causes of Tooth Discoloration are coffee, tea, smoking, Excessive use of mouth rinses, Age associated changes in enamel and dentin of tooth.
Several factors can darken or stain your teeth
- Foods/drinks such as coffee, tea, colas, wines,
- Smoking or chewing tobacco
- Poor dental hygiene due to improper brushing and flossing to remove plaque and stain- from food or drink
- Certain diseases can affect enamel (the hard surface of the teeth) and dentin (the underlying material under enamel).
- Medications such as tetracycline and doxycycline can discolor teeth if taken by children whose teeth are still developing (before the age of 8). Certain antihistamines, antipsychotic drugs, and antihypertensive medications can cause teeth discoloration.
- Excessive use of mouth rinses and washes containing chlorhexidine and cetylpyridinium chloride
- Dental materials such as amalgam restorations, can cause gray-black discoloration of teeth
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.