The cause of low blood pressure is often not clear. Some causes of low blood pressure include;
- Certain medications, such as medications for high blood pressure, certain heart medications, certain medications for Parkinson's disease, tricyclic antidepressants, or medications to treat erectile dysfunction
- Heart diseases like slow heart beat, disturbance of heart rhythm, diseases of heart valve, heart attack, or heart failure
- Hormonal or endocrine problems such as hypothyroidism, overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism), Addison's disease, low blood sugar, or diabetes
- Heat exhaustion or heat stroke
What Causes a Sudden Drop in Blood Pressure?
A sudden drop in your blood pressure can become an emergency. Some causes of sudden drop in blood pressure include:
- Excess loss of blood
- Alteration in body temperature (low body temperature or high body temperature)
- Disease of heart muscle (myocarditis) causing heart failure
- Sepsis, or serious infection of the blood stream
- Severe dehydration or loss of water from body due to vomiting, diarrhea, or fever
- Anaphylactic reaction (it is a life-threatening allergic reaction)
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.