Condoms are more advantageous as a method of contraception because they provide protection against both STDs and unwanted pregnancies.
Condoms are the most popular means of contraception and birth control and are have been used for the last 400 years for the safe and protected sex. This is the most effective medium that protects one from HIV virus and other sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).
The advantages of using condoms are listed below.
- The most important advantage of using a condom is the fact it provides reliable protection against unwanted pregnancies and sexually transmitted diseases. Condoms definitely score over birth control pills as they are effective barriers against the spread of STDs.
- Moreover, it is said that consistent use of condoms greatly reduces the chances of a couple conceiving.
- While performing oral sex, the advantage of using a condom is made evident in the fact that it prevents the transmission of STDs such as herpes.
- Worry-free sexual intercourse is another major advantage of using condoms. You do not have to worry about popping a morning after pill just because you are not on birth control. Moreover, your risk of contracting a deadly STD such as herpes and syphilis is also greatly diminished.
- Many users of condoms are also of the firm belief that condoms actually help in providing more pleasure during sex. The different types of condoms and the innumerable flavours that they are available in are actually aimed for providing people with greater satisfaction and increased pleasure.
- Another advantage of using condoms is that they are available in a variety of shapes. Therefore, everyone can find one that is most suitable for them.
- Condoms are freely available and one does not need a prescription to use them. Therefore, they are more accessible as a means of contraception.
- Condoms are also suitable for all kinds of sexual intercourse including anal and vaginal intercourse.
- Birth control pills require one to follow a strict regimen in terms of taking the pills. There is no such hassle associated with the use of condoms. One can use them as per need.
- Birth control pills may provide protection against unwanted pregnancies, but they are helpless when it comes to the spread of STDs. Therefore, by using a condom, you can take care of two risks at one go!
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.