Weight Loss tips for women over 40 : Women over the age of 40 fail in their attempts to lose weight mostly because they do not factor in the changes that age has brought in their bodies.
Women over the age of 40 can get frustrated by their failed attempts at losing weight. Usually, this is because they try the same weight loss methods that are good for teenagers or younger adults. At times they will go on a diet too straining or an exercise regimen to exhausting and after few days of little weight loss, you end up from where you started. The yo-yo effect of going on a diet and losing weight quickly followed by gaining it all back as quickly needs to be avoided.
Women over 40 need to follow some guidelines specific to their age. They are:
- Know your body – You should listen to your body and set realistic goals for weight loss. You are no longer young girls but have grown into mature women. Analyse how much of physical strain your body can endure and plan the workouts and other exercises accordingly.
- Try to improve your metabolism – One of the worst roadblocks in your attempt to lose weight is the slow metabolism that comes with age. Take green tea twice daily with little sugar and skimmed milk to improve it. You can also try other herbal remedies for improving your metabolism and digestion.
- Do not stick to your daily routine – Do not continue with the daily routine you have got used to. Despite the pressures from work, family and other chores, your daily schedule must include exercise and time for preparing healthy food. Moreover, you should tell yourself that resting and spending time on activities you enjoy is also a must.
- Target your BMI – Do not be confused about the amount of weight that you need to lose. Not the BMI strictly, you should aim for a healthier feel in you. Your perception of your weight also matters but it should be roundabout the BMI for your age.
Weight Loss Diet Tips for Women Over 40
- Avoid processed and fried foods.
- Avoid the burgers, chocolates, sodas, i.e. junk food and sugary drinks.
- Take small meals 3 to 4 times a day.
- Chew your food well and try to mix as much saliva with it as possible.
- No dressings for your salads.
- Take a light dinner.
- Sleep three hours after taking dinner.
- Have as much of fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy products as possible.
- Drink 2.5 to 3 litres of water daily.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.