Weight loss supplements can only be good as a short-term way of helping yourself get into a healthy life. Weight loss supplements cannot be depended upon for using indefinitely.
Weight loss supplements make up a multi-billion dollar industry despite the fact that most people would advise against taking them. They are good when used in limited amount but there is always a tendency of overuse among people looking for quick ways to gain weight. The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has warned the customers to be watchful of the claims made by the companies offering weight loss supplements. Whether your supplement is prescribed or over the counter, it should be taken under doctor’s supervision.
Features of Weight Loss Supplements
- Diet supplements for weight loss are available in tablet, capsule, liquid or powder form. You need to follow the manufacturer’s instructions when taking them. Generally you would be recommended to take them in the morning with your breakfast. The supplement would need to be taken with water one-fourth of a litre after taking your meal.
- Weight loss supplements contain herbs, extracts, minerals and synthetic substances which have a role in suppressing your appetite. Other than that, increasing energy, minimising water retention and boosting metabolism are some effects of the diet supplements. These either make you eat less or be physically more active and this helps in weight loss. It is the effect of taking the supplements that cause weight loss and not the mere act of popping the pills.
- If you have decided to start taking the weight loss supplements, it is recommended to start with half the dosage first and see how your body takes it. You can increase your dosage after making sure that your body’s reaction to it is normal. It is important to remember that there is no supplement which is any good without exercise and weight loss exercise regimen.
- You will need to include at least 8 glasses of water in your diet daily to guard against dehydration. This can be problematic as you do not feel like having water since your diet is suppressed. Most weight loss supplements come with a warning of guarding against extended use and that consumers should discontinue it after 12 weeks.
- Diet supplements of weight loss should be used for giving a boost to your energy so that you may cultivate healthy lifestyle choices. They are not meant to be made a habit. Many people fall back on their old ways as soon as they stop taking the weight loss diet pills, or overuse it. It becomes an addiction.
- If you experience any side-effects of weight loss supplements such as nausea, dry mouth, headache and increased heart rate, discontinue use immediately.
Read more articles on
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.