Weight loss exercises at home : Weight loss is possible for those who do not want to hit the gym. They can still get a good workout for their body at home to lose weight.
If you are one of those who do not like to hit the gym, many at-home exercises can be just as effective. Moreover, you will never be hard-pressed for time as you are free to exercise when it most convenient for you. Just get rid of any thoughts that pull you down from your decision.
However, the comforts of your home may deter you from any knid of physical exertion. Be on your guard and do not fall prey to the cosy feeling of being at home and take your exercise regimen seriously.
Some Easy-to-do Weight Loss Exercises at Home
- Walking – If the weather is nice, a stroll outside your home is a great idea as you can revel in the glory of nature. Since the weather will not be favourable at all times, you must find a way to enjoy walking inside the house as it is the best weight loss exercise that can be performed at home. It could be walking up and down a flight of stairs, doing the laundry or even walking around the house while on the phone.
- Leg Lifts – Lie down on your back and lift your legs without bending the knees. This is a great workout for your abs and legs. You can try doing it with one leg at a time. You can allow just a slight bend for your convenience at the start.
- Jog at one place – The great thing about jogging at one place is that it can be done while watching TV or listening to music or while doing any other everyday activity which does not involve concentration. It would be great if you could make it enjoyable. Just find yourself a good pair of shoes to absorb shocks to your joint.
- Crunches – This is perhaps the most popular exercise for building abs. Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet firmly placed on level ground. Place your hands behind the head and raise your shoulders a little from the ground. Be in this position for 2 to 3 seconds before going back to the original position. Make sure that you are not pulling your head with your hands as it will strain the neck. This is the most reliable exercise for toning your abdominal muscles.
- Push-ups – There are some easy ways to do push-ups and you do not need to ape Arnold Schwarzenegger for it! Do them with your knees on the ground or while standing and leaning on a wall with the help of your arms. Just make sure that your arms and chest area are getting adequate exercise.
Read more articles on
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.