Festival Fever - Know the method to prepare tridoshic dal, an Ayurvedic recipe for balancing the three doshas. It is a good preparation to regain your healthy body balance after a festive season.
After a festive season is over, the unhealthy craving for having sweets usually begins to show and some of us realise what damage to health the festive mood might have done. To get your body back to normal, you are advised to balance your doshas as per Ayurveda. The three doshas of Vata, Pitta and Kapha need to be in balance for you to be healthy. Overeating creates an imbalance and you need to have some special food items that can balance the doshas out. Dal is a staple diet of most people in India and if you can have one that balances your doshas, you can expect to be normal again as soon as the imbalance gets corrected.
Ingredients for Tridoshic Dal
- One and quarter cup of split Moong Dal.
- 1 tbsp. cow’s Ghee.
- Asafoetida. –
- Half tablespoon of turmeric (haldi) powder.
- Lemon juice.
- 50 grams of finely chopped ginger.
- One green chilli. – not a lot because people with pitta should not take more than a little,
- 250 grams of chopped bottle gourd.
- Mustard seeds and cumin seeds for tempering.
Method of Tridoshic Dal Preparation
- Put some cow’s ghee in a pan for frying.
- Take a pinch of asafoetida (type of salt which helps in digestion) and mix in the frying ghee.
- Put half tbsp of haldi and squeeze half of a medium-sized lemon completely into the pan. It gives a sour taste and good flavour to the dal.
- Add the finely chopped ginger.
- Add green chilli but only a little because people with pitta constitution can be harmed by consuming it.
- Add chopped bottle gourd. It makes the dal light in constitution.
- Stir the contents in the pan for a couple of minutes. You should see the colour of haldi taking effect.
- It is the time to mix the washed split moong. You will find a bright yellow colour emerging. Mix one glass of water into this mix.
- Add salt to taste.
- Leave the mixture to boil tile the contents are tender enough to be eaten.
- After the tridoshic dal is ready to be eaten, the last step is to temper it with cumin and mustard seeds.
- Serve it hot with rice.
Read more articles on Festival Fever
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.