Most of the women don’t expect tiredness during pregnancy until the end of the last trimester, but fatigue can mar pregnant women anytime. Lower blood sugar levels, lower blood pressure and increased blood production gives it a boost.
Tiredness is one of the early symptoms of pregnancy. Women experience fatigue early in the pregnancy due to alleviated levels of progesterone hormone.
Most of the women don’t expect tiredness during pregnancy until the end of the last trimester, but fatigue can mar pregnant women anytime. Tiredness is also the reason to make women drowsy and gets a boost due to lower blood sugar levels, lower blood pressure and increased blood production.
Tiredness in Early Pregnancy
- Women experience strain in various parts of the body. Owing to the strain and inappropriate postures, there is a constant feeling of fatigue.
- The degree of tiredness is highest in the first pregnancy trimester when a woman’s body works significantly hard for foetus’ development.
- During the entire phase of the first trimester, a woman’s body makes placenta to support the baby within the womb. This is also the reason of persistent feeling of tiredness during the first trimester.
- It is also the phase when hormone levels and metabolism are never constant. Change in blood sugar and blood pressure chips to the cause of pregnancy tiredness.
1. Short Naps Make a Huge Difference
Pregnant women need to realise the importance of short naps. They must figure out what their body is signalling them. Instead of long period naps or going to bed early, they must take short naps at regular intervals. A short nap will relieve a pregnant woman of tiredness. Therefore, a pregnant woman must put her head down and rest during idle time.
2. Schedule Adjustments for Rest
A pregnant woman should arrange things and try to manage routine activities in a manner that she ends up having enough time to rest. Working women should ensure that they leave home early.
3. Follow Eating Regimen
It is important that pregnant women eat as per instructions of a health care provider. The condition of pregnancy needs additional calorie-consumption requirement. Pregnant woman must ensure that she fulfils the criteria with healthy foods such as vegetables, fruits, whole grains, skimmed milk and lean meats. Administered eating and drinking pattern may help woman experiencing nausea and vomiting.
4. Learn and Understand Pregnancy
The more one learns, the more she will be equipped to handle pregnancy complications. A pregnant woman should take some time out of her busy schedule to learn more about it or discuss any issues with the health care provider to cope with pregnancy complications.
Read more articles on Pregnancy Symptoms.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.