With a proper planning you can of your travel you can have pleasant memories that surely bring smile on your face. You must plan in advance giving due consideration to health need and insurance before you leave for your holiday destination.
Plan your travel in such a way that even decade later when you revisit the place in memories, you end up smiling.
Here’s how you can make your travel devoid of health risks:
Plan your travel in advance:
- Along with the kind of travel that you’ll do, gather as much information about the country you are traveling to, such as its geographical location, climatic conditions. This will allow you to prepare about vaccinations and medications you might need during and after you hit a foreign land.
- Before you fly, notify your airline about your health condition. Avoid wearing tight clothes when your flight duration is longer. You can perhaps take a walk while on the aircraft to improve blood circulation.
The last thing on your mind should be getting sick miles away from home.
Your health needs
- Plan your trip according your health needs. See a doctor at least a month before you leave. This will give you ample amount of time for up-to-date immunizations. For instance, if you ever had a heart attack or have recently undergone a surgery avoid taking connecting flights or if you have any kind of lung disease like asthma, avoid going to places that are either polluted or located at high altitudes.
What to carry
- Carry doctor’s prescription which gives all the details pertaining to your health such as your health condition, medications, and prescriptions.
- It is recommended that you take a first-aid kid with items such as thermometer, hand sanitizer, insect repellents, antibiotics, antibacterial and antifungal ointments, antifungal and antibacterial ointments.
Travel Health Insurance
Your travel insurance must cover the following:
- Medical expenses.
- Emergency medical evaluation.
- Accidental death or flight accident.
Once you plan right, be assured that nothing will go wrong. Go globetrotting safely!
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.