People often get asthma and wheezing during the monsoon season. Asthma may be brought on by allergies, a cold, congestion, cough, or hay fever.
People often get asthma and wheezing during the monsoon season. Asthma may be brought on by allergies, a cold, congestion, cough, or hay fever. It can be instigated by pollen, dust, animal hair, or various foods. Regardless of the cause, during an asthmatic attack, it is important to immediately relieve the difficult breathing and asthmatic wheezing.
Yoga for Asthma
Effective yoga asanas to help relieve asthma are the Cobra pose and Vajrasana.
Vajrasana (Thunderbolt Pose)
Position yourself in a way that you are standing on your knees with the feet long-drawn-out in a backward position and your big toes crossed. The knees must be together, however, make sure that your heels are kept apart from each other. Lower the buttocks to the insides of the feet, making the hips touch the side of your heels. Place your hands on the knees with your palms facing in a downward direction.
Lie on the floor mat on the stomach. Join your legs while pointing your toes in an outward direction. Place your palms directly in line with the shoulders while your finger is well spread pointing in a forward direction. Lift your trunk off the floor by straightening your arms. The head is pointing backwards with the neck and throat well stretched. Arch your spine as much as possible.
The following herbal remedies can be taken on a regular basis for long-term prevention of asthma.
- Mix 1 teaspoon cinnamon and ¼ teaspoon trikatu into a cup of boiling water. Let it sit for 10 minutes, and add 1 teaspoon of honey before drinking. You can take this tea twice a day
- A tea made of half liquorice and half ginger is beneficial for asthma prevention. Use half a teaspoon of the combined herbs per cup of water
- Also, try ½ teaspoon bay leaf and ¼ teaspoon pippali mixed into 1 teaspoon honey, taken 2 or 3 times a day
- Another remedy that can relieve congestion and alleviate breathlessness is ¼ cup onion juice with 1 teaspoon honey and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. This remedy will also be effective for immediate relief of asthma.
Three Mustard Seed Remedies
Mustard seeds are effective in healing the bronchial system. Here are three ways to take advantage of their heating and healing power:
- Rubbing a little brown mustard oil onto your chest will give some relief
- Make a tea by mixing ground mustard seeds and pippali (or black pepper if you don't have pippali). Stir ¼ teaspoon of each for 10 minutes in 1 cup hot water, and then add 1 to 2 teaspoons, honey. Drink 2 or 3 times a day, or for better results sip it every 15 minutes throughout the day
- Mix 1 teaspoon of brown mustard oil with 1 teaspoon natural organic sugar. Take this 2 or 3 times a day on an empty stomach.
Food to Avoid
Avoid most dairy products, including all cheese. Avoid fermented foods and all hydrophilic food substances such as salty items, cucumber, and tuna fish.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.