When you hear word pav, a range of delicious foods items flash through your mind. Don’t they? There are so many places where you can enjoy pav bhaji, but nothing beat the taste of homemade kabab pav, a smart version of pav bhaji.
As we all know pav bhaji is one of the most popular street foods. When you hear word pav, a range of delicious food items flash through your mind. Don’t they? There are so many places where you can enjoy pav bhaji, but nothing beats the taste of homemade kabab pav, a smarter version of pav bhaji. Try this pav bhaji recipe once and we bet you will prefer this over normal pav bhaji.
- Minced mutton (keema) 400 grams
- Brown pav 8
- Oil 8 tablespoons
- Medium onions chopped 3
- Chopped ginger 2 teaspoons
- Chopped garlic 2 teaspoons
- Fresh mint leaves ¼ cup
- Gram flour (besan) 4 teaspoons
- Fresh coriander leaves ¼
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder ½ tsp + to sprinkle
- Garam masala powder ½ teaspoon
- Green chillies chopped 2
- Green chutney 4 tablespoons
- Chaat masala as required
How to prepare it
- Take 3 tablespoons of oil in a non-stick pan and heat it, then add onions, ginger and garlic and sauté to it. When onion begins to change colour, add some gram flour and sauté it for 2-3 minutes. Now switch off the heat.
- Put minced mutton in a blender jar and add coriander & mint leaves, salt, green chillies, sautéed masala, ½ tsp red chilli powder, garam masala powder and blend well. Move this mixture into a bowl.
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in another non-stick pan. Moisten your hands, separate the mince mixture into equal portions and pat each portion as thinly as possible. Cook these in the pan.
- Slit the pavs.
- Sprinkle a little water over the kababs, turn them over, cover and cook them.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in another non-stick pan, open out the pavs and cook them in this pan, turning sides till a little crisp.
- Apply green chutney to the base half of the pavs, place a kabab over it. Sprinkle chaat masala, a little red chilli powder, close the top half over the kabab and serve hot.
Image Source: Getty
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.