Tamarind is a superfood! Know how it controls your obesity?
Raw tamarind, tamarind water, tamarind rasam and tamarind chutney… Tamarind can have many such flavours in your memories. If you want to give the tangy taste to any dish, nothing can be better than tamarind. But do you know how beneficial this small tamarind for you? Let us tell you in detail - Tamarind is known worldwide for its sour taste. Especially in South India and people living in the coastal area, tamarind is used extensively in food. This helps to protect their skin from the damage caused by the brine of the sea. Its scientific name is Tamarindus indica.
- Tamarind is a treasure of nutrients: Tamarind is called a treasure of nutrients. Do you know that is also rich in Vitamin B, Vitamin C, and Vitamin E? As well as calcium, potassium, phosphorus, iron, manganese and fibre. The antioxidants present in it can protect you from external infections.
- Tamarind is Ayurvedic medicine: Tamarind is included as a medicine in Ayurveda. Especially by eating raw tamarind, acidity, and blood-related disorders can be overcome. At the same time, cooked tamarind avoids problems with the digestive system and Kapha-Vata disorder. A recent study also revealed that tamarind could also be used to remove insects in the intestines of children.
Why should tamarind be included in your diet?
- Reduces obesity: If you are thinking of losing weight, then you must include tamarind in your diet. It can also help you with your weight loss journey. Tamarind contains an acid called hydrocytric, which works to burn fat. Tamarind controls your craving. By which you avoid overwriting, and your weight does not increase.
- It is also beneficial in cancer: However, no research has been done in this context yet. But Ayurveda experts believe that tamarind is an anti-cancer food. The antioxidants present in it contain tartaric acid. Tartaric acid prevents the growth of cancer cells in the body.
- Controls blood sugar: Tamarind is also beneficial for patients with diabetes. It proves helpful in controlling diabetes. When you include tamarind in your diet, it prevents carbohydrates from being absorbed. Due to which the sugar level in the blood is controlled. If you feel that you are reaching the borderline of diabetes or you need to manage your sugar, then you must include tamarind juice or tamarind dishes in your diet.
- It is also beneficial for the liver: Tamarind is very beneficial for both raw and cooked liver. If you feel that your metabolism is getting weaker, then you should include tamarind in your diet. It helps in weight loss by improving metabolism as well as relieving digestive problems.
- Blood pressure remains controlled: Both high and low blood pressure prove to be harmful. If you want to keep it under control, then include tamarind in your diet. Iron and potassium present in tamarind help control blood pressure as well as in the formation of red blood cells.
Be careful of the following: Tamarind should be consumed only in controlled quantities. You may also face other problems due to excessive consumption of it. You should consult your doctor before consuming tamarind if you are breastfeeding, menstruating, or taking medication to treat a disease.
Read more on Weight Management
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.