This is one of the few allergies that are very common. Sun allergy treatment mainly consists of the following steps:
- To start with, if the sun is not suiting the body or just the skin of a person, one must reduce, avoid better still, the exposure to the sun.
- Thus, it is wise to cover up with the help of full sleeved clothing. Hats and sun shades may also be used to keep the skin hidden from the sun rays.
- Also, it is extremely vital to apply a sun block or a sunscreen lotion. This would help prevent burns, itchiness, redness and rashes of the skin.
- Before getting out in the sun and the heat, one must drink a lot of liquids : water, lemonade, juices and others that would help to keep the body hydrated and cool, thereby also preventing heat strokes.
- If the sun effects are severe, medication must be used to treat them—burns, scars, rashes and itching.
Read more articles on Sun Allergy Photosensitivity
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.