Most people resort to body mass index or BMI to measure the extra fat in the body. However, a piece of thread can tell a lot about the extra fat on you than BMI, a new study claims
BMI, i.e. body mass index is the scientific approach to measure excess fat on you. This can help you estimate the exact amount of weight needed for complete health and wellbeing. Everyone is afraid of gaining weight. Weight gain is associated with various health risks. Research has claimed that a piece of thread can help you measure excess body fat as compared to BMI. This may sound a bit different, but studies claim that it can give you more accurate results than BMI. The study also reported that this test would not take much time and would help combat the side effects of excess weight.
Also Read: This Oil Can Help You Get Slim and Fit
How To Check Fat With String Method
The piece of thread (string method) will tell if you are overweight or not. You can use this method to know the amount of fat needed to be cut down with the right exercises. You need a thread to start this test. Now cut a thread in the same length as your height. Fold the thread from the middle and wrap it around your waist. If both ends of the thread are not met, then you are overweight, which means you need to lose weight and tone your body of the flabs. An abnormal BMI is a clear indication of the urgent need to lose weight. A healthy weight will ensure overall health and also prevent several heart diseases.
Also Read: Dalia: The Perfect Choice for Weight Loss
Easy Ways To Lose Weight
If the string method signifies that you are overweight, don't worry as you can easily lose weight and maintain a healthy lifestyle. A restricted diet and exercise are the most effective ways to lose weight. Here are some of them which you can follow.
- Include more protein in your diet, which can help improve your metabolism. Better metabolism will result in better weight loss. Take a lot of vegetables and fibre in your diet in the form of green leafy vegetables, lentils and pulses, nuts, etc. for a balanced fibre-rich diet
- Avoid sugar as much as possible. Reduced sugar intake leads to better weight management and weight loss. Replace your sugar with honey and jaggery to enhance the taste and sweetness of your beverage or a dish. Jaggery tea is also great for health as it gives the needed warmth to fight several viral diseases.
- You need to burn more calories than you eat. Count the number of calories you are consuming in a day so that you know the exercises required to be done to burn more. Do more cardio to burn calories from the overall body. Running makes for great cardio activity. Just put on your shoes, and you are good-to-go for a run.
- Never miss your breakfast. The most important meal of the day has to b the breakfast. If you skip breakfast, you are likely to consume more calories throughout the day.
- Sleep properly for at least 6-8 hours. Inadequate sleep triggers hunger hormones that make you eat more. Therefore, you should ensure a good night's sleep.
Read more articles on Weight Management
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.