Arm exercises for women that can help them have slim, toned arms do not need to be heavily equipped; a few lifts and movements at home can easily get one those perfect arms.
Your Arms must always look fit and toned, whenever you decide to go sleeveless. But, the arm muscles cannot be easily tamed. You can burn off fat from a specific area of the body with an exercise that targets that area. Here is the guide to sculpting strong shoulders, biceps, and triceps. These exercises will help you reduce those extra layers from your arms.
This exercise focuses on your chest, shoulders and triceps for fitness.
- Get into the push-up position
- Keep your feet together but hands spaced apart
- Your fingers must point out to the sides
- Tilt your body to the right by bending your right elbow
- Return to the center and repeat with left arm
- Hold every position for 60 seconds
- If you find the exercise hard at first, rest your knees on the floor
Tone your shoulders and lower arms with wrist rotation exercise.
- Stand in such a way that your feet are shoulder width-apart
- Hold a 1-2 pound dumbbell in each hand
- Extend your arms in front of you
- The arms should be at shoulder height and palms should face down
- Quickly rotate your wrists inward as far as possible, then outward
- Continue alternating for 60 seconds
This exercise will strengthen your back and tone your biceps.
- Lie flat on the floor
- Keep your head and shoulders underneath a high, sturdy table
- Hold the table's edges with both hands
- Your palms should be shoulder-length apart and must face in
- Now, pull yourself up off the floor as high as you can
- Your abs must be tight and the neck straight
- Lower yourself back after 1 second
- Repeat for 60 seconds
- In case you can’t find a table, place a broom handle or pole across two chairs placed a few feet apart
One-Arm Triceps Dips
These will accentuate your triceps.
- Sit on the floor with your legs and feet pressed together
- Bend your knees and put your feet flat on the floor
- Place your hands about a foot behind your butt
- Palms should be shoulder-distance apart and fingers pointing towards your butt
- Now, straighten your arms and raise your butt off the floor
- Bend your right elbow so that your butt lowers to the floor without touching it
- Straighten your right arm and repeat with the left arm
- Alternate sides for 60 seconds each
To modulate one’s shoulders and biceps, this exercise is apt.
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart
- Hold a 1-2 pound weight in each hand
- Bring your fists in front of your face so that your palms face each other
- Punch your right fist up as high as possible without locking your elbow
- Make sure your left fist does not move
- Pull back your right fist to the starting position quickly; simultaneously punching up your left fist
- Continue alternating the fists
- Start slowly and increase your speed gradually until you are moving as fast as you can
This will sculpt your arms without gripping weights and straining your forearms.
- Extend your left arm in front of you
- Face your palms down
- Hold your fingers with the right hand
- Pull the left hand back as far as it is comfortable
- Lower your left hand so that your fingers are pointing towards the floor
- Make sure the arm is still extended
- Place your right hand on top and gently stretch your left hand downward
- Do both moves several times; repeat on opposite arm
With career and family to look after, it is tough for women to find time to hit the gym. Thankfully, one doesn’t need to go to the gym to achieve fabulously toned arms. Just practice the above- mentioned exercises to sculpt your arms as you desire.
Read more articles on Exercise & Fitness.
For more related articles, download OnlymyHealth app.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.