What are the side effects of weight gain protein powder? Weight gain is as difficult as weight loss. People spend hours in the gym, and a consume heavy diet to gain weight. One of the quickest ways to gain weight is the consumption of weight gain supplements. Bodyweight gainers are quite famous and influential in gaining weight and building muscles. People consume weight gain powders regularly to tackle low body mass or BMI. But have you ever given a thought to the side effects of using weight gain powders? Considering it, the easiest way to gain people often do not give a second thought before consuming weight gain powders. But the reality is you must consult a physician before adding weight gain powders to your diet. You must also be very careful about the dosage according to your body type. You should never over-consume these supplements. You must have complete knowledge about the pros and cons of using weight gain powders before consuming them daily.
What Is A Weight Gain Powder?
Most weight gainers, or mass gainers, are powders that you mix with water or any other favourite beverage. These powders contain varying amounts of protein, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins, minerals, individual amino acids and other supplements such as creatine. These powders work because they are relatively high in calories, making it easier to boost caloric intake significantly. Some weight gain supplements come in tablets or capsules forms, but they do not deliver sufficient calories, so they are not useful for adding pounds.
Health risks and effectiveness of weight gain powder are one of the most researched topics by nutrition experts. According to health experts, inappropriate weight gain powder consumption causes muscle cramps and other adverse side effects. Inadequate consumption can lead to kidney damage, liver problems, heart problems, dehydration and diarrhoea. Weight gain powder is extensively rich in vitamin C and iron content, which are the reasons for diarrhoea and stomach problems. To avoid unnecessary health ailments, one must use weight gain powder only after consulting a physician.
Risks Associated with Weight Gain Powder
- Kidney Problems: Kidney ailments are predominantly associated with intake of weight gain powder. However, weight gain powder is an indirect cause of kidney stones that make body hormones susceptible to it.
- Liver Problems: Liver problems have been reported after inappropriate intake of weight gain powder. The health supplement proves fatal when consumed with alcohol.
- Muscle Pulls and Cramps: Sometimes, people train too exhaustively with unrealistic supposition. This assumed approach may result in a lack of sufficient fluid supply that causes muscle pulls/cramps.
- Breathing Problems: Breathing problems have also been associated with improper consumption of weight gain powder. Inappropriate dosage of this health supplement has often led to breathing issues such as coughing, sneezing, wheezing and even asthma. If one has any breathing problem, weight-related health supplements should be avoided.
- Nausea and Diarrhea: One of the uncommon syndromes of improper intake of weight gain powder, nausea, and diarrhoea can occur if health supplements remain insoluble in the stomach.
- Unhealthy Weight Gain: If taken in excess quantities, weight gain supplements can cause you unhealthy weight gain. It can increase unnecessary fat. When your workout regimen does not match your weight gain supplements, the unutilized calories get converted into fat.
Read more articles on Weight Management
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.