There are some rules that parents need to follow about sex when they have kids around. The most important rule is that parents need to know that they cannot make their kids uncomfortable about the idea of sex.
It is understandable that parents put their kids’ first; always. However, sometimes they feel that the sexual fire within them is just too much to handle. So what do you do when your kid is around; in the same room or even on the same bed! Sex when kids are around is a sensitive issue and sometimes even tests the understanding and patience of parents!
The rule book
Sex in front of a baby
- If your baby is less than 6 months and you feel the need to express your ‘love’ for your spouse; experts feel that it is not a problem.
- Babies cannot comprehend what is going on at such a tender age. However, make sure that you put little one safely in his crib or you can take the floor!
Sex around a toddler
- Matters become complicated as your child reaches the ages between one and three.
- According to experts toddlers might be adversely affected if they see their parents indulging in sexual activities. Therefore, the best thing for you to do is exercise restraint.
- Keep the enthusiasm up by stealing kisses and hugs but reserve the action for when your child is either sleeping or in his play room!
Sex around a preschooler
- Preschoolers are on the threshold of entering a phase when they will be expected to spend increasing amounts of time away from their parents.
- Therefore, it is only natural that your preschooler will demand more of your time. S/he may want to climb into your bed at night and sleep there.
- Sex around a preschooler is a strict no-no. It may scar the child and s/he may think of it as daddy trying to hurt mommy.
- Keep your sexual excitement at bay till the time that you are completely alone and away from the inquisitive eyes of your kid!
Sex around a school going kid
- Having sex when you have a school going kid in your house can be a bit of trouble.
- Your kid may stay up late doing homework or organise sleepovers for pals.
- Make sure that you do not indulge in any objectionable behaviour around their presence.
- This applies even more when her/his friends are around. You definitely don’t want your child to be the object of ridicule in front of their friends.
- Keep up the intimate little nothings such as kissing or cuddling so that the flame of passion stays aflame!
Sex around older kids
- Things become much simpler once your child grows up.
- However, you have to introduce the idea of parents needing their own private time early on. Explain to your kid that the two of you will spend some time together.
- Do not give in to their obstinate demands of entering your room whenever they want.
- Although you have to be stern, remember that the change will happen over time. Give your kid time to warm up to the idea of her/his parents being physically close.
Read more articles on Kids (4-7)
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.