Strategise your road travel to eliminate any kind of dread or fear for road travel. Once you have them in place and effectively employ them you’ll keep wanting more and more or road travel. The key to an enjoyable road trip and experience is below; go, grab it—your key to happy journey.
Before you travel
- Inspect your car’s condition. If need be, send it for maintenance.
- To avoid tread separation and blowouts check for proper tire inflation
- Inspect hoses and belts. Get them replaced if your car is a little old.
- Check car battery and change if you think it’s coming of age.
Wear Seat Belt
Wear seat belts and eliminate possible life-threatening situations.
- Prepare a brown bag for yourself and stuff food items in it.
- If you’re carrying fruits, make sure you wash off the toxin before consuming them.
- Carry ample amount of water.
- Bring a cooler to keep your drinks cool. Keep perishable food items in the cooler at a chilling temperature.
- Keep munching regularly but do not overeat.
- Replenish food supplies at rest stops or gas stations.
- Avoid sodas and salty foods because they make you thirstier.
- Stretch your muscles and prevent any back pain or issues related to your having been seated for so long.
- Do not slouch and position your seat at a comfortable angle.
- If you’re at the wheel you must watch your posture. Adjust your car seat so that you’re not stretching to reach your car’s steering wheel.
Make sure you have an emergency kit in your car. It must have the following items:
- Basic tools such as screwdriver, car jack, pliers etc.
- Bottle of water.
- Duct tape.
- Extra clothes.
- First-aid kit.
- Phone number of emergency road side assistance program.
Get some rest
- If drowsy, it is advised that you take breaks.
- To avoid stiffness, take regular breaks, at least every 30 minutes of your journey.
- If your fellow traveller knows how to drive ask them to take their turn to drive.
- Do not drive if you are drunk.
- Pull over if your body is tired.
Room for relaxation
To reduce stress and fatigue consider the following point:
- Breathing exercise.
- Bring plenty of music along with you so that you stay calm.
- Do not panic if you’re stuck in traffic or brawl.
- Focus your energies on your holiday destination.
So, prepare, pack and head towards your dream destination!
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.