Reflexology is a type of alternative medicine that engages massaging or applying pressure to parts of the feet, the hands and sometimes to the ears
Reflexology is a type of alternative medicine that engages massaging or applying pressure to parts of the feet, the hands and sometimes to the ears, with the aim of having favorable effect on other parts of the body, or to improve general health. The principle behind this therapy is that there are reflexes in the feet, hands and ears with referral areas within zone related areas, which correspond to every part, gland and organ of the body.
Application of pressure on these reflexes areas mainly the feet eases tension, improves circulation and promotes the normal function of the related areas of the body.
Reflexology is helpful for;
- Pain reduction
- Improving general health
- Rejuvenation of tired feet
- Improving blood flow
- Favorably improving physiological measures (e. g. blood pressure and cholesterol; measurements by ECG, EEG, and fMRI)
- Post-operative recovery and pain reduction
- Improvement of medical care (e. g. cancer, phantom limb pain, and hemodialysis patients)
- Mental health care (e. g. depression, anxiety, Post traumatic stress disorder)
- Reducing cancer care (pain, nausea, vomiting, anxiety)
- Easing birthing / delivery / post-partum recovery
Read more articles on Alternative Therapies.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.