If your child has suffered from an electric shock, you must work to soothe and calm him.
Electric shock can cause burns on the skin or even affect the heart rate and breathing. The effects of electrical shock on your preschooler depends on several factors such as--- how high the voltage is, how the current passed through the body, the child’s overall health and how quickly the child was treated. Take your child immediately to a hospital if any of these signs or symptoms is present
- No pulse or heart rate (Cardiac arrest)
- Heart rhythm problems (arrhythmias)
- Respiratory failure (Not breathing)
- Has muscle pain and contractions
- Complaints of numbness and tingling
First aid for electric shock
- Don't touch the child before ensuring that he or she is not in contact with electrical source. Touching the child while in contact with the electric source can cause the current to pass through you.
- Before touching the child turn off the source of electricity if possible or move the source away with a non-conducting object such as cardboard, plastic or wood.
- Check for signs of circulation such as breathing, pulse, coughing or movement. If signs of circulation are not present, start cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) immediately.
- To prevent shock, lay your child down, if possible, with the head slightly lower than the trunk, and elevate the legs.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.