Learn what can treat psoriatic arthritis.
- One of the very important ways of treating psoriatic arthritis is exercise. This helps to keep the bones and muscles healthy and moving.
- Exercise also helps in maintaining blood circulation at the right level. But it must be done at the optimum level and never over done.
- Along with this, one must practice sitting, standing and sleeping in a good posture.
- Physiotherapy also proves useful to strengthen the muscles and bones and thus heal the affected area.
- Warm water soaks, as well as, using paraffin application relaxes the stiff muscles of the body.
- Swelling, a factor that results in the lack of movement, may be taken care of through ice packs.
- In severe cases, electrotherapy is very helpful.
- Losing excess weight is necessary to prevent over burdening of the joint areas and thus reducing swelling.
- Omega-3 supplements have also been found to be catalysing in the treatment process.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs help from pain, as also stiffness.
- Paracetamol reduces pain too.
- In extreme cases, surgery of the affected area is needed which may include joint repair and replacement to stabilise the situation.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.