Know all about the baby development in the pregnancy week 5. Information on pregnancy week five baby development along with important tips for women.
By the 5th week of pregnancy women get a confirmation test done and have a due date for delivery. This is the time to switch to a more healthy diet.
Pregnancy Week 5- Growth of baby
- In pregnancy week 5, baby is the size of a sesame seed i.e. 5 to 6 mm long. Quick developmental changes are seen in the baby during the fifth week
- Three layers have been developed till this week; namely ectoderm, mesoderm and endoderm. Later organs and tissues of the child will form on these layers
- Neural tube will start developing from the top most layer (ectoderm)
- The baby’s brain, nerves and spinal cord will develop from this neural tube. For facilitating baby’s brain development women are advised to start taking prenatal vitamins and folic acid. Orange juice, for instance, is helpful
- Head and eyes start forming in the fifth week
- Till the end of this week, primitive placenta and umbilical cord start delivering required oxygen and nourishment to the baby
Pregnancy Week 5 - Changes in the Mother's body
- By the 5th week you must have started feeling common discomforts related to pregnancy. The problems of previous week such as fatigue, sore breasts and frequent urination that started before are accompanied by a feeling of nausea in this week. In addition to this you may even feel a tingling sensation in the body
- The hormonal level of estrogen and progesterone rises and keeps on increasing as the pregnancy progresses. These hormonal changes can even lead to cramping and bleeding. There is no reason to panic about it but you need to consult your doctor
Pregnancy Week 5- Expectations of a Mother
Every pregnant woman has her unique pregnancy experience. For instance, some may experience morning sickness while others may not. So don’t get too carried away with the other's pregnancy story. You can have look at the monthly ultrasounds to see development of your baby, you can even hear the heart beats of your child. These are the benefits of monitoring your pregnancy week by week.
Just remember that if you take care of yourself then your baby is automatically taken care of. Eat healthy and exercise for being in good state of mind and physique.
Pregnancy Week 5 - Advice
The best way of relaxing in pregnancy is staying away from stress. The common conditions during pregnancy can cause stress and worry so it is essential to find ways to relax and stay away from worries. Regularly visit your doctor and seek answers for all your queries. This will help to wear-off the unnecessary worries.
Don’t worry about the months to come, take each day as it comes.
Stop smoking and drinking alcohol as it leads to complications in pregnancy. It can lead to low birth weight and even miscarriage in some of the cases. Moreover drinking alcohol during pregnancy can have some long term effects on your child. Hyperactivity, problem in attention and speech are some of the possible outcomes.
Read more articles on Pregnancy Week by Week.
For more related articles, Download OnlymyHealth App.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.