The 6th week of pregnancy is about half the way through first trimester. This week marks some exciting developments in the baby’s growth. Read for advice.
During the 6th week of pregnancy the baby starts its first movements but these movements are not so intense and can even go unnoticed by the mother.
If you are a first time mother then it will be surely a wonderful yet strange feeling.
Read: Pregnancy Week 5
Pregnancy Week 6 - Growth of Baby
The exciting changes in pregnancy week 6 make it an amazing experience. You can see your baby growing and keep a track of its health's progress.
- In the 6th week the baby is equivalent to the size of a small bean. The head is oversized and appears bigger than the rest of the body
- Eyes and nostrils of the baby form, and they are only visible in the form of a dark spot. In addition to this the emerging ears can also be seen
- In this week the hands and toes of baby look like paddles. Moreover, its fingers can be seen forming every day
- On an average the heart beat of a baby during the 6th week of pregnancy is 100 to 160 times a minute
- The pituitary gland starts forming
- Intestines and lungs start developing
- First cells of the stomach and intestine are formed marking the development of the digestive system
Pregnancy Week 6 - Changes in the Mother’s Body
- Most women might experience certain common symptoms of pregnancy while the others will not experience any
- Morning sickness, nausea, fatigue and pelvic discomfort are common in pregnancy. Problem of fatigue remains in the first trimester
Read: Pregnancy Week 7
- Some of the women experience extreme mood swings and can feel sad one day and joyful on the other
- 6 weeks pregnant women may crave for a particular food. This will last throughout the pregnancy period. Pregnant women can even develop a hightened sensitivity to smell
Advice for Pregnancy Week 6
Till the sixth week of pregnancy one is able to stick to the daily routine work. The only thing that must be done is to take extra care of oneself. Get authentic information about pregnancy and stick to whatever your doctor advice.
If you are still not able get used to the idea of being pregnant then don’t be stressed. Some people do take time to adjust with such a change in their body and life. In order to cope with the stress you can engage yourself in the things that you enjoy. For instance, maintaining diary in which you can jot down all your emotions and worries that can help in easing stress.
Read more articles on Pregnancy Week by Week.
For more related articles, download OnlymyHealth App.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.