Polycystic ovaries diet is a low carbohydrate diet and is regarded as the easiest way to combat Polycystic ovaries syndrome (PCOS). It enhances the weight loss and can eliminate the PCOS symptoms completely.
Polycystic ovaries syndrome (PCOS) is directly related to weight gain. It causes hormone imbalance in women which makes them ovulate infrequently and alters their metabolism. So they put on weight drastically and find it difficult to lose it. PCOS diet plan help them to lose weight and significantly reduces the chances of having diabetes and heart diseases.
Resistance to insulin is the main cause of PCOS. In order to get PCOS under control, the diet plan should be developed accordingly. A low fat high carbohydrate diet will not work with insulin resistance as the high insulin level in the blood will store the glucose. The basics of a PCOS diet plan are:
- Eat low glycemic index food. A low glycemic food has higher fiber content. They include unprocessed bread, grains and cereals.
- Eat vegetables, salad or fruit with every meal.
- Consume at least 75% raw foods.
- Maintain an alkaline-acid balance.
- Avoid those carbohydrates that trigger more hunger or cravings such as refined flour and sugary foods.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of non- caffeine fluid per day.
- Avoid eating food rich in saturated and trans fat such as fatty red meat, whole milk dairy, butter and stick margarine, chicken skin, fried foods and rich desserts. Eat food rich in mono-unsaturated fats and omega 3 fats such as olive oil, canola oil, nuts and fish.
- Take zinc, chromium and magnesium supplements as deficiency of these minerals contribute to insulin resistance.
A PCOS diet plan is specifically designed to:
- Balance the levels of your hormones.
- Improve your fertility.
- Cleanse your liver and digestive organs and oxygenate your blood.
- Reduce exposure to xenohormones.
- Reduce PCOS symptoms and insulin resistance.
- Eliminate and prevent the formation of ovarian cysts.
- Enhance vitality and increase your lifespan.
Improvements in diet accompanied with some changes in lifestyle such as avoiding alcohol and smoking can also reduce the symptoms of PCOS.
A Polycystic ovaries diet can make a dramatic improvement in your PCOS condition as well as your overall health and well-being. The main aim of this diet plan is to regulate the insulin level in the body. A PCOS diet plan helps you to lose weight in a healthy manner, simultaneously improving your fertility.
Read more articles on Diet Plan.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.