A recent research found that sexy, toned arms sent out subtle signals of power! No wonder celebs spend a lot of money and time shaping them up, with reports of Deepika Padukone and Hally Berry actually insuring this asset of theirs.
A recent research found that sexy, toned arms sent out subtle signals of power! No wonder celebs spend a lot of money and time shaping them up, with reports of Deepika Padukone and Hally Berry actually insuring this asset of theirs. For long, yoga has been associated with toned arms. Well-shaped arms are not just about looking good, but also feeling good and being healthy. It was found that those who sat for more than nine hours (or led sedentary lives) had disproportionate arms that were most hit by early onset shoulder pain, arthritis and aching fingers. Not surprisingly, they were most likely to suffer from neck problem.
ONLY YOGA WORKS Yoga helps by giving a gentle workout to the shoulder joint without compromising its healing.
YOGA POSES FOR WELL TONED ARMS Yoga for arms KONASANA
- Stand straight with your legs wide apart.
- Bend forward from your waist till your hands touch the ground.
- Hold your upper body parallel to the ground.
- Keep back straight and look ahead.
- Hold this posture for 10 to 30 seconds, breathing normally.
- Strengthens arm muscles.
- Helps remove fat on the calves, thighs and buttocks.
- Improves flexibility of the back.
- Removes stiffness from the hip joints.
People suffering from severe low backache should avoid this asana.
- Lie flat on your stomach with your hands by the side and chin on the floor. Tuck your toes inwards.
- Bring your palms to the sides of the chest.
- Raise your entire body by straightening the arms as doing a push-up.u Keeping your body straight, stretch it ahead and shift your weight to your arms.
Maintain this posture for 10-30 seconds, breathing normally.
- Helps tone up the muscles and remove extra fat from arms and shoulder region.
- Strengthens chest area and gives it a definite shape.
- Strengthens muscles on the sides of the body and gives a nice 'v' shape.
People suffering from Tennis Elbow and wrist and elbow problems should avoid this asana.
PULLING THE ROPE
In the sitting position, raise the arms alternately up and down as though pulling a vertical rope.
Assume a squatting pose with the feet flat on the floor and the knees fully bent and separated.Clasp the hands and keep the arms straight, make chopping motions as if chopping wood.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.