Natural supplements reduce risk of diabetes: Certain natural supplements can decrease diabetic complications and delay onset of advanced phase.
Natural supplements are quite helpful to decrease risk of diabetic complications. Diabetes mellitus occurs when body is unable to produce enough insulin to maintain normal blood sugar levels. Another plausible reason of diabetes is inability of body to respond to insulin. Due to the dysfunction, several health complications might arise. These complications can be prevented by natural supplements.
Type I diabetes mellitus, also known as insulin-dependent diabetes, as little or no insulin is produced. On the other hand, type II diabetes mellitus is known as non-insulin-dependent diabetes owing to continuance in insulin production by pancreas, even at abnormal level.
Diabetes Herbs and Natural Supplements for Diabetes
Diabetes herbs and natural supplements are considered by many to reduce risk of diabetes. One must consult medical expert before deciding to embark on ingesting supplements. Generally, low dosages and beginning it slowly is recommended. Dosage and number of supplements is increased gradually to have an impact on blood sugar.
Some of the diabetes herbs and natural supplements for diabetes are mentioned below:
- Alpha Lipoic Acid: Supplement providing alpha lipoic acid is considered an important one for diabetes condition. Intake of this supplement is usually considered for diabetic neuropathy and kidney disease.
- Fish Oils: In order to maintain healthy blood flow, microcirculation in particular, fish oil is recommended for diabetics.
- Stevia: A no-calorie natural sweetener, alternative to artificial sweeteners is also an important recommendation for diabetes patients.
- Carnitine: Function of carnitine is to reduce oxidative stress in diabetic condition.
- Cinnamon: Intake of 1 to 5 grams of cinnamon everyday is considered excellent to improve sugar levels and reduction of blood lipids.
- Aloe Vera: This herb is recommended in rodents with diabetes.
- Carnosine: Carnosine is appreciated for its anti-oxidant properties that help in blood purification.
- Benfotiamine: The lipid form of thiamine is helpful in diabetic neuropathy and reduces microvascular damage occurring due to high blood sugar.
- Psyllium: Small quantity of psyllium along with water helps in lowering cholesterol levels.
- Multivitamin Supplements: These supplements must be considered everyday by diabetics for reduction of infections.
Other Important Considerations
- Besides intake of diabetes herbs and natural supplements, it is important to measure their effect.
- Monitor blood sugar levels on a regular basis for keeping level normal.
- Reduce dependence on medication, involve in physical activity.
Read more articles on Diabetes
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.