Here Are 7 Home Remedies For Diarrhoea And Stomach Cramps.
Dysentery is a stomach disease, which causes bloody diarrhoea. It is also known as a type of infection that occurs in the intestines and causes severe pain in the lower abdomen. Therefore, the case of dysentery should be treated immediately, otherwise, it can have serious consequences. Though there are many remedies for dysentery and stomach cramps the age-old ayurvedic answers to many, a stomach problem still proves to be as effective and more used in India as before. Nature has provided aplenty for stomach ailments.
Symptoms of dysentery
While having diarrhoea, Dr Amitabh Parti, Director, Internal Medicine, Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurugram advise you to improve hydration - prefer sweet fresh lime, soup, juices, thin buttermilk or lassi instead of plain water. Milk should be avoided as it can cause diarrhoea through lactose. Mint best handles cramps maybe a green tea helps! We suggest to wash hands frequently, wash raw vegetables and salads thoroughly please refrigerate food when not in use and cook /heat properly before consumption- drinking water best to be RO processed or mineral while travelling.
According to experts, if the patient has abdominal pain as well as fever, shivering, vomiting and bloody diarrhoea then it means that the patient is suffering from dysentery. In this disease, the patient also gets phlegm with faeces and twists to arise again and again in the stomach. Dysentery is cured within 8 to 10 days, but the patient should take several precautions in it.
Dysentery patients should avoid eating heavy things like spicy, fried foods, maida and mawa. In this, the patient should keep taking excess beverages, mostly the salt sugar solution. Apart from this, eating yoghurt, buttermilk and banana also cure this disease quickly. Dysentery patients can be cured with many other home remedies. Let's know about these remedies by Mrs Gita Ramesh, Jt MD Kairali Ayurvedic Group.
- Usually, this disease is also cured by eating rice and curd. Consuming curd-rice continuously for three days is a better treatment for dysentery patients.
- Putting one teaspoon of rock salt, half a teaspoon of pepper and half a teaspoon of cumin powder in a glass of buttermilk, drinking it will give relief from this problem quickly.
- Squeeze one lemon in a glass of water add half a teaspoon of black salt in it, drinking this solution five to six times a day will get rid of the problem.
- Mashing green banana in a glass of buttermilk also cures the patient quickly, but drinking it thrice a day provides relief soon.
- Mixing one teaspoon grounded dry ginger and one teaspoon castor oil in a glass of milk, drinking it for three to four days is beneficial. It also cleans the stomach.
- Putting a spoon of isabgol in a glass of curd or buttermilk and drinking it thrice a day also cures this problem quickly.
- Take a glass of water in a pot, add one teaspoon of turmeric, two teaspoons of curd, a pinch of asafoetida and rock salt as per taste, then boil it for ten to fifteen minutes and after cooling it, drink it little by little throughout the day. The patient will get the relive soon.
Ways to avoid dysentery
Dysentery is caused by stomach infection, which is more than carelessness in eating and not taking care of cleanliness. This disease is also caused by eating stale food, spicy food, and raw food. Hands must be washed before eating food. The purity of water should also be taken care of.
- Carrom Seed water: One such remedy is warm Ajwain Water that takes not only immediate care of Acidity or bloated stomach but also any other problem with your Liver or kidney problems.
- Turmeric: It has been used in Ayurveda since time immemorial. It is known for detoxification or benefits if applied on a wound. It can be a soother to many an ailment. Even now, hot Turmeric (Haldi) water is very beneficial for stomach ailments as it helps in soothing the pain and also helping the digestive system become more efficient. by stimulating the gallbladder to produce bile
- Lassi: One can also have buttermilk with jeera when you add some curry leaves and heat the same with non-stop stirring and have this with rice.
- Garlic: It has many uses and is widely used for several conditions. For stomach, you can make a Potli with warm garlic and massage on the stomach region, and it will help in taking care of your pains.
Read more articles on Home Remedies
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.