It is well said that you must feed your skin what you would feed your mouth. For a beautiful skin, nature has solutions in abundance. Some of them are discussed here.
Imagine if you could enhance your beauty without spending a fortune. Now, you can indulge in natural beauty treatments without getting out of your home.
A growing pollution and an irregular lifestyle makes all skin types break out. You cannot avoid pollution but you can surely resort to some home remedies for damaged skin, curing pimples and the scars left from old skin blemishes. Here are a few practical remedies for getting that flawless skin.
- Mix two to three drops of freshly extracted lime juice with almond oil, and apply it on the skin. Keep it on overnight and wash it off the following morning. Do not apply concentrated lemon juice on the face as it tends to dry the skin up drastically.
- Apply white toothpaste in case of pimples and let it dry. Wash it off with lukewarm water and pat your skin dry with a clean towel. Toothpaste dries the active pores instantly.
- Apply honey all over the face and let it dry. This not only closes the open pores but also stops recurring pimples and frequent outbreaks. Honey reduces blackheads on the skin as well.
- Fresh papaya juice, or rubbing a freshly-cut papaya slice onto the skin, reduces blemishes and controls oil production.
- Dry a few husks of cloves in a pan and powder them. Mix it with two teaspoons of curd and apply it on the skin. Do not massage it into the skin. Remove the paste with damp cotton wools. Repeat the exercise until the pimples dry up and disappear.
- The juice of a raw potato is extremely beneficial in drying those itchy pimples on the face. It is free from artificial chemicals and lightens the pimple scars considerably over a period of time.
- The best option is to drink lots of water and flush the toxins out of the body. Apart from that, wash your face twice a day to avoid the accumulation of excess oil on the T-zone of the face.
- Tomato juice can be another alternative for curing blemishes. Apply it and let it dry on the skin for half an hour. Rinse it off with water.
- Fuller’s earth or multani mitti is another viable alternative popularly known, trusted and used by people.
- Grind neem leaves and apply them on the face with rose water. Avoid the lip-area and eyes while applying. Neem leaves stop the active oil glands producing oil during the day.
- In case of itchy pimples and soar pores, apply mint leaves - grated or juiced - to the affected areas for instant relief.
Home remedies take their own time to fix damages. So, do not expect to be beautiful the next morning. Be regular at using the remedies and you are sure to reap the benefits sooner or later.
Read more articles on Skin Care.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.