You experience pain when your joint cartilage wears away; bone rubs against bone, causing discomforting osteoarthritis.
You experience pain when your joint cartilage wears away; bone rubs against bone, causing discomforting osteoarthritis. Like any other condition, osteoarthritis seriously impairs the quality of life for 27 million people the world over. Although the condition is so disabling, painful, and common, but there are lots of cures available out there, from shark cartilage to copper jewelry to snake venom that some of you may not feel comfortable going ahead with. However, you will be glad to know that are actually some effective natural remedies that will provide you relief from the arthritis pain.
Natural Treatment for Arthritis Pain
- It is advisable to wrap a red flannel around the affected area overnight.
- An oft-used remedy is an oil massage consisting of garlic, rosemary, juniper, lavender, sage, thyme and other essential oils. Olive oil is also considered effective in this case.
- Sea bath is also recommended since sea minerals such as iodine keep the body’s acid-alkaline balance under check, repair the worn out tissues, as also cleanse the body’s internal toxins.
- A diet with a low protein component and a higher amount of omega-3 fatty acids and products like walnut is advisable.
- Yoga and exercise help to relax the body, especially, the joints.
- A mixture of potato juice and water in the morning has proven useful.
- Also, various juices such as the ones made out of beetroot, green leafy vegetables, and carrot are good for arthritis treatment.
- Pineapple, kiwi, figs and paw are great sources to treat inflammation.
- Calcium containing products, for example, alfalfa, chamomile, cabbage, thyme, basil, etc. are also useful.
- A mix of camphor and mustard oil, exposed to the sun, when rubber over the affected area daily, acts as a good home remedy for arthritis
Image Source: Getty
Read more articles on Arthritis
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.