Every girl wants to flaunt big eyes. They look amazing. Period! There are tricks to “open up” your eyes through make-up.
Follow the tricks for bigger, prettier eyes:
- Tweeze your eye brows into the desired shape. You may want to mark the boundaries with a beige eye liner fist to prevent over-plucking.
- Apply mascara starting from the ends of the lashes in an upward direction. For thickness, wait a few seconds, and continue to apply mascara to the base of the lashes using quick right-to-left strokes. This all works to coat the lashes as much as possible.
- Using two eye shadows from the same colour family creates amazing dimensions for the eyes. So try doing it.
- Apply a thick line of colour on the top lashes and fade it out on the sides. The colour should be emphasized on the highest and lowest section of your eye shape.
- Blue eye liner makes the whites of your eyes appear brighter. So, you could experiment with it.
- You can double up the mascara by applying a second coat for droopy lids. Mascara wands with angled bristles catch every hair hence opens up the eyes to the fullest.
- Do not fear from the lash curlers. Start at the root of your lash and gently pulse the curler thrice. Then, move the curler half way up the length of your eye lashes and repeat. A natural curl is what you get.
- Apply eye liner only as far as the crease of your eye extends. This will bring the most out of the natural contour of your eye.
- For women with green eyes, warm sandy colours work great. Pinks and goldens complement brown-eyes and hues of blue works for everyone.
- Kohl your eyes and use a Q-Tip to feather the pigments towards your crease. It will emphasize the hood of the eye.
- If you wear glasses; light colours on the lids can draw attention to the shape of your eyes.
- Smoky eye make-up makes the eye area appear smaller so, experiment with brighter shades to get an exaggerated look.
- Orange undertones are better for camouflaging blue tones. Use peach or pink concealers instead of yellow-based ones to erase under-eye circles. Salma Hayek does the same.
- Buff out any globs from under your eyes with a makeup sponge. Blend all the way till your temples to prevent distinct lines and foundation traces.
- Brim soft, light reflective highlighter along the inner corner of the eyes and the contour of your brow bones. It will illuminate your eyes sufficiently and will make them look big.
- Keep the colour and product around the lash line only. It will create a structure and shape to enhance the eye size.
- For winters, one must try using cream-based eye shadow to prevent flaky lids.
- Applying light colour eye shadow on the eyelid base and a darker one at the crease works wonders at exaggerating the eye size by adding dimension to the face.
- Wear a nude/beige colour eye liner along the inner corner of the eye to illuminate the area near the nose. Use beige over white for its natural tones.
- Wearing warm-coloured eye shadow along the lower lashes draws attention to the whole contour of the eye.
- For picture perfect big eyes, wear a pressed powder two to three shades darker than your natural skin tone. It creates the look of having larger eyes without using much make-up.
Try these tricks and battle your lashes at the onlookers.
Read more articles on Eye make-up