The skin around the eyes is the first area to show signs of ageing and make-up can help you make your skin look younger and for longer.
By the time one reaches 40, there occur many unwanted visible changes on the skin. But, there is something that can blow your ageing worries away and that is make-up.
Make-up can help you to make the skin look younger and fresher. It can be applied in a way that makes the skin and features of the face appear more youthful. The selection of make-up or cosmetics of appropriate colours is also important.
Below are some suggestions:
- Since the skin becomes drier with age, creamy foundations should be used. It should be light in texture and provide a smooth matte (non-shiny) finish, concealing age spots, lines and wrinkles.
- Concealers can help with dark circles under the eyes or age spots. The skill with which make-up is applied comes with trial and error.
- Before applying make-up, pluck superfluous hair around the eyebrows. See if they need reshaping, so that they are more clearly defined. Apply a liquid moisturiser on the entire face.
[Read: How to Look 30 at the Age of 60]
- Foundation should be applied in two stages. The first is to conceal dark spots or patches, if any. It should be lighter than the normal skin colour. The colour of the main foundation should be as close to your natural skin tone as possible.
- A light moisturising lotion should be used before applying foundation. Wait for a few minutes to allow the skin to absorb it. Then apply a concealer if you need to conceal age spots or other blemishes. Foundation should be applied atop the concealer. For oily and combination skin, an astringent lotion may be used before applying foundation, especially in summer.
- Too much loose powder should not be applied as powder tends to settle in the lines on the skin. The aim should be to achieve a softer look. Dust off excess powder using cotton wool.
- Brown eye pencils or liners may be more suitable than black as black would be too harsh on older skin. Brown shadow may be applied over black eyeliner to give it a softer look.
- Keep colours in mind while selecting eye make-up, blushers and lipstick. Go for grey and brown eye pencils and liners. For lipstick, avoid very light or very dark colours. Coral, bronze, burgundy, dark pink, etc are some colours that may suit you.
- The shape of the lips becomes irregular with age. So, a lip pencil in the same shade as your lipstick would help. First, apply the lip pencil and redefine the shape of the lips and then fill in colour, using a lipstick brush.
- Avoid very dark colours like dark brown or maroon, avoid using too much foundation or concealer under the eyes or at the sides and also avoid very dark or heavy eye make-up.
Read more articles on Anti-ageing.
For more such stories, Download Onlymyhealth App.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.