Understand Swine Flu Life Cycle: The Swine Flu virus originated from pigs but it has now reached the WHO declared pandemic alert level phase 5. This implies that the infection is spreading rapidly as a contagious disease. The lifecycle of swine fl
As the name suggests, the swine flu virus originated from pigs. It had caused an endemic in pigs before it found its way into humans. Those who are in close contact with pigs are at greater risk of contracting this disease.
The Swine Flu Life Cycle has seven stages through which its virus goes.
- The swine flu virus uses its antigens to attach to the surface of cells in the nose, throat and lungs.
- The cell engulfs the virus.
- The virus is able to pierce the bubble of cell membrane that encloses it and release its RNA cargo into the cell.
- In the nucleus, copies of the viral RNA are made.
- Viral messenger RNA causes the cell to make viral proteins.
- These proteins and RNA migrate to the cell's surface where they are assembled into new virus particles.
- New virus start budding off from the cell surface.
The World Health Organisation has confirmed that the Swine Flu pandemic alert is in its phase 5, i.e. rapid human-to-human transmission is taking place in the world. Lifecycle of swine flu virus, H1N1 can be initiated very easily because it is known to live outside of humans for 2 to 8 hours. It can attach itself to any surface like towel, clothes, table, doorknob or anything touched by an infected person. The infected persons need to take special prevent the spread of this infection.
Read articles and Understand Swine Flu
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.