Here are some easy steps to setu bandhasana. To know the benefits of this yoga, read the article which covers every aspect of this asana.
When setu bandhaasana is practiced our body, becomes like a shape of a bridge. By practicing this aasana blood flow increases towards our quadriceps, hamstring, glutes, stomach, arms, spine, neck, shoulders, face, brain and muscles get stretched.
- This aasana helps in toning of the body. It also helps in reducing fat from the waist , glutes, and thighs.
- If children want to gain height then this aasana is very helpful in increasing height.
- Everyone wants to look young and attractive, so if you wish for a glow on your face, then add this aasana in your daily routine. Because mostly our blood flows downwards, it flows in very less quantity towards face, neck, shoulders, brain, which can lead to hair fall, grey hair, rough hair, pimples, acne, dark circles, wrinkles, dull face, restless eyes, weak eyesight, burning sensation in eyes, ear problems like pain, low memory power, decrease in focus, forgetfulness, stress, depression, low confidence etc. If you practice this aasana, you can easily get rid of these general issues.
- Setu bandhaasana stimulates your thyroid gland, which helps in curing thyroid.
- This aasana is also very beneficial for asthma patients.
- A hormonal imbalance like PCOD, irregular periods, high flow, low flow, a long gap of weeks and months can also be cured by setu bandhaasana.
- This aasan helps in relieving back pain, it can also be done even in sciatica pain.
- It also helps in curing ailments related to the nervous system like blood pressure, anxiety disorder, multiple sclerosis (Multiple sclerosis is a disease that gradually destroys the protective covering of nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord. This can cause problems with muscle control and strength, vision, balance, feeling, and thinking), nutrition deficiency, paralysis, dehydration, vertigo (Vertigo is often caused by a problem of the inner ear or brain).
Steps to do Setubandh Aasana
First of all, this aasana should not be practiced by those who have a cervical, migraine, off the shoulder or shoulder pain or injury, low bp or any serious injury in back, knee or hip.
Step 1. Take a mat and place it on a clean surface where there are trees around you, or if you are doing it at your home then at least keep a window open.
Step 2. Lie down straight on the mat, loosen your body and watch your breath. So that your brain gets alert to do this aasana and your mind becomes free of thoughts.
Step 3. Fold your legs from your knees at an angle of 90 degrees and legs and thighs should be aligned with knees. If you cannot join your feet than you can open your legs from 1 to 2 inches.
Step 4. While inhaling, lift your hips and back upwards. Take care not to lift your neck and shoulders and your knees should remain at the angle of 90 degrees only. Try to lift your back and hips according to the capacity and flexibility of your body and tighten your glutes, thighs, and stomach.
Step 5. Hold the aasana as much as you can like for 5, 10, 20, 40, 60 seconds or more. You can do this by holding your breath or normal breathing.
Step 6. Exhale while slowly coming down. And if you have not held your breath then you can also come down directly, slowly bring your back than your hips down and straighten your legs one by one. Then do pawanmuktasana as a counterposes to this asana for 60 seconds. Slowly straighten your legs and relax in Shavasana for 60 seconds.
Lift your back only according to the capacity of your body.
If you are suffering from cervical or migraine, then avoid this aasana.
Avoid this asana if you have any shoulder injury like pain or frozen shoulder.
Avoid this asana after any operation like cesarean, leg or knee operation.Don’t practice this asana during vomiting, dizziness headache or any spinal injury.
(With inputs from Jasmine Kashyap. She is Fitness Expert & Director at Goodways Fitness)
Read more articles on Yoga
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.