Stress is a common cause of several diseases and health issues. It is common to experience indigestion at times when your stress levels are at a peak
Stress is not just limited to daily work-related ordeals. Stress regulates the functioning of the human body to a great extent. Disturbed mental health is synonymous to bowel-related problems. Most of them suffering from a disturbed bowel movement often admit to having psychological problems, unknown of the fact that stress can lead to digestion related issues. It is important to manage stress levels for the smooth functioning of the body. Following are some of the digestion problems that one can experience due to stress:
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Stomach bloating
- Weight gain and loss
Also read: Work towards Decluttering Your Mind
It is important to ascertain the source of every ailment, and when it comes to managing your digestive syndrome, the best is to find ways to ward off stress. Like we all know, every individual is different, and one has to resort to ways to eliminate the stress that suit their requirements. The following can be done to reduce stress for a smooth digestive system:
- Indulging in activities that include music; Music therapy is one such mode of treatment that can help ward off stress.
- Taking regular walks and naps to manage stress levels is important. Irregular sleep and lack of exercising can be extremely dangerous for the mind and body.
- Indulge in activities like meditation, pranayama and yoga for relaxing brain muscles.
- Understand the underlying cause of stress. Get to know what’s troubling you from inside to find a solution for its cure. Consult a therapist for the same if required. Talking and getting to know the root cause can help in reducing the stress levels in the body.
As per Ayurveda, a general detox helps in aiding digestive issues. Aloe Vera and Amla are the best detox foods to include in your diet. Also, glutamine helps in repairing of intestinal lining of the body. Increasing the intake of dairy products, spinach, parsley, beans, meat, fish, eggs and fresh juices can help.
Water In, Alcohol Out
Digestive disorders can happen also happen due to dehydration. Increase your water intake and make sure that you keep yourself hydrated with liquids that are fresh and de-carbonated. Lemon Water, Coconut Water and other natural variants can be the best to keep your body hydrated. Also, kindly stay away from alcoholic beverages as it can lead to several mood swings.
Be careful about what your body says and indicates. Do make choices that are healthy for your body. Sleep properly and indulge your mind in some recreational activities; once you can stay away from stress, your digestive system will function normally.
Apart from working on alleviating stress, the following tips can help in reducing digestion:
- Eat meals in controlled portions
- Avoid food with his acidic levels and caffeine
- Quit smoking and excess dependency on alcohol for a happy digestive system
- Take regular walks in between work. Sitting for continuous hours can also lead to indigestion
- Last, know what you are eating. It is best to follow a healthy and balanced diet for a smooth digestive system
Read more articles on Mind & Body
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.