Illnesses live active bacteria: restoring bacteria in the digestive tracks and colon boosts one’s immune defence system.
Immune defence system becomes fine tuned with the retention of bacteria in our colon and digestive tracks. Besides attuning immune mechanism, restoring bacteria helps to improve metabolic functions. The depleted level of bacteria in the colon and digestive tracks results in health complications such as lowered immunity, poor digestion, constipation, allergies, skin break-outs and bad breath. Therefore, it is important to retain bacteria in the colon, which is fragile to be easily disrupted by antibiotics, steroids, hydrotherapy and intense colon cleansing.
Ways to restore bacteria in colon and digestive tracks for healthy being are mentioned below:
- Abstain from Tobacco, Caffeine and Sugar: If normal health is disrupted owing to abnormal bacteria in colon, one must abstain from tobacco, caffeine and sugar for a while (least a month). Abnormal bacteria in colon are indicated by an increased bowl function.
- Increase Yoghurt Intake: Yoghurt combined only with natural sweeteners such as agave nectar, honey and juices helps in the restoration of bacteria in the digestive tracks. One should be cautious while choosing the yoghurt type. Take a look at the label of the yoghurt packaging and buy only if it contains live active bacteria culture. The formulation lowers the risk of bad bacteria growth and yeast proliferation. One may also consume light yoghurt drinks as an alternative to the yoghurt-sweetener combo.
- Vegetables and Fruits: Vegetables such as broccoli, spinach and other green leafy vegetables are enriched with healthy nutrients for colon health. For colon cleansing, intake of fruits such as oranges, apples and cantaloupe is advised.
- High Fibre Foods: Beans, oats and nuts are high-fibre foods recommended for colon health. Moreover, fibre enriched foods also lower cholesterol levels.
- Water: Water is the best antioxidant and the statement stands true in the context of restoring bacteria in digestive tracks. Drink plenty of water to keep colon clean.
- Probiotic Supplements: Health care experts also recommend probiotic supplements to restore colon health and probiotic colon cleansing. The supplements should be taken empty stomach for the best outcome. These have all the strains of bacteria that replenish small as well as large intestine flora. For the large intestine and colon, strains of bacteria should have B. bifidum, L. bulgaricus, S. thermophilus, Bifidobacterium longum, Bifidobacterium bifidum and Saccharomyces boulardii. On the other hand, acidophilus strains are beneficial for the small intestine.
If normal health gets disrupted persistently due to live active bacteria, consulting a health care provider is advised.
Read more articles on Bacteria and Foodborne Illness
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.