The best way of knowing that you are pregnant is to test with pregnancy test kits at home itself. If you cannot derive a satisfactory result, learn how to use the kit for best results.
Have you missed your period this month? Are you feeling dizzy or nauseatic after your meals? Head spinning or morning sickness? Don't worry, in this fast-moving world, we have bought many technologies home. One of the simple methods is to test pregnancy at home. In your busy life, it is difficult to visit doctors and hospitals on every second week, therefore this easy method is provided to you to check your pregnancy at home.
Per health experts, pregnancy test kits tend to provide reliable results, if used properly (with all the instructions of the manufacturer). However, it is not 100% sure, that it will provide the correct results. Sometimes Pregnancy test is not reliable and fails to prove the accuracy.
Before Conducting a Pregnancy Test
- Pregnancy test kits are usually stored in the refrigerator. Before conducting the test you must ensure that they are brought back to room temperature. It is better to use pregnancy test kit on the first day of your missed period.
- The test can be done at any time of the day, however, the first-morning urine sample is considered to give reliable results. This is because the urine in the morning is in its most concentrated form.
- Avoid liquid intake just before the test as this could dilute the pregnancy hormone (hCG), thus affecting the results.
Using Pregnancy Test Kit
Read the instructions written on a pregnancy test kit carefully as they vary from brand to brand. Some pregnancy tests require you to directly urinate on the stripe while the others need you to collect urine in a sterilised container and then use a dropper to put few drops of sample urine into the testing area of kit.
Conducting test with the first-morning sample of the urine gives better and close to accurate results. Collect the urine sample as per the instructions on your pregnancy kit and pour few drops of it on the testing window of the kit. Soon you will notice that the urine spread on the blotting paper moves towards the direction of the result window. Within few minutes you will get the desired results.
After Conducting the Pregnancy Test
If no band appears on your pregnancy test kit then it can be due to a low level of Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG), the pregnancy hormone. In such a situation you must repeat the test after 72 hours.
If you get a positive result on your pregnancy test kit, you must visit your doctor immediately. Pelvic examination, blood test and ultrasound can further help you to confirm the good news.
- Pregnacy test kits must be stored in the regrigerator before using
- Avoid any form of liquid intake before testing for pregnancy
- Repeat the test after 72 hours if no band appears after testing
Read more articles on Women’s Health
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.