Apple cider vinegar is loaded with health and beauty benefits. Know method to make your own apple cider vinegar at home.
Apple cider vinegar is very popular for its health and beauty benefits. It is now widely used for various purposes. Some of the health benefits of apple cider vinegar include- helps in losing weight, kills harmful bacteria, improves heart health, lowers blood sugar level and regulates blood pressure. You can prepare your own apple cider vinegar at home. It will require some simple ingredients only. Here is the easiest method to make apple cider vinegar at home.
- Honey or sugar
- It is best to use organic apples to make apple cider vinegar. The choice of the apples determines the quality of the vinegar and the flavour as well. You should try to find the best quality apples in order to get the best finished product. Wash the apples thoroughly in running water twice. You can use three to four apples according to the quantity you need.
- After washing them properly cut the apples into small cubes. Use a clean knife to cut the apples. Cut the apples into cubes of at least one inch.
- Now transfer the apples into the jar. Make sure that you are using a glass jar with a wide mouth. Also, remember that you choose a big jar compared to the number of apples you are using. Never use a steel or copper utensil to ferment the apples. If you use metal then it could react with the mixture and form other substance and will also leave a metallic taste in your vinegar.
- Fill the jar with water so that all the apples are covered with water. For the best results, you should use filtered water or mineral water. Do not add too much or too less water. Too much water can make the mixture weak whereas less water will not allow the apples to ferment properly. Only add enough water to cover all the apples.
- Now add one tablespoon of sugar for each apple. Sugar will help in the process of fermentation. After adding sugar, stir the mixture properly so that everything combines well. You can also use honey instead of sugar according to your preference. Raw sugar can also be a good option.
- Once the mixture is ready, cover the jar with a cheesecloth. Cheesecloth will cover the solution and will also let the mixture breathe. Place the cloth over the jar and fix it with the help of a rubber band.
- Now place the jar in a warm and dark place. Keep the jar at such a place where it won't be disturbed and there is no exposure to sunlight. Also, make sure that the place is warm enough.
- Stir the mixture at least once in two to three days to shift the apples using a wooden spoon.
- After a few days, you will notice bubbles which will indicate fermentation process. Later you will notice that the apples will sink completely at the bottom of the jar.
- Now strain the mixture and keep the apples aside. Put the cider back into the jar and cover it with a cheesecloth again. Like earlier place the jar back to the warm and dark place.
- Now leave the cider for 3 to 6 weeks and stir it once a week. After 5 months taste the vinegar if you feel that vinegar texture and tangy smell. Then your vinegar is ready. If you feel that the vinegar is not ready then keep it for some more time.
- Once the vinegar is ready to store it in a clean airtight container and store it at room temperature. If the vinegar becomes very strong then you can add water to it to dilute the mixture.
Read more articles on Healthy Recipes.
For more related articles, download OnlymyHealth app.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.