How to lose 5 pounds: Tips to lose 5 pounds fast given here can help you on your way to sustained weight loss.
Although it is not recommendable to look for such quick weight loss tricks, seeing yourself on the path of shedding your weight with early success does help to motivate you. So, how to lose 5 pounds fast? You should give yourself a week to lose 5 pounds but keep in mind that it would depend largely on whether you find a method that works for you or not. Moreover, if you do not sustain the healthy eating and regular exercise plan on a long-term basis, the lost weight can be quickly regained.
Tips to lose weight fast
- Control your carbohydrate and fat intake – This is one of the most important advice for weight loss in any programme. In order to lose 5 pounds quickly, you will need to be stricter about your diet than people who have a long-term plan of losing weight. Rice, pasta, vegetables such as potatoes, fruits such as banana, and all kinds of junk food need to be avoided. Sugary beverages, sodas, juices should be replaced with water or drinks with very little calories. Take to low fat dairy products.
- No. of meals a day - Have six small meals rather than three big meals. The immediate good effect of doing so would be that your stomach would not get accustomed to stretching for allowing more food. Thus, you start to feel fuller faster as your metabolism increases. This is very important for losing weight.
- Exercise - You should have been expecting a lot of workouts for losing weight but do not go overboard with it and balance strength training with cardio. Do cardio every alternate day and strength training on the other days.
- Keep a food diary – Your food dairy should help you determine the no. of calories you have consumed. Various foods have different calorie count and you need to make sure that you plan your food intake according to the no. of calories deficit you want to be at the end of the day.
- Plan your weight loss – You might follow a number of ways to lose 5 pounds but the bottomline is the difference between the no. of calories burned compared to no. of calories consumed. For losing 5 pounds in a week, you need to make sure that you burn close to 0.7 calories daily. However, you do not need to follow a weight loss plan that makes you unhealthy.
Read more articles on Diet & Nutrition
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.