How to live with cervical cancer: To live with cervical cancer, you need to follow some instructions particularly about modifying your food.
The cancer that affects the cervix of a woman and the surrounding tissue is known as cervical cancer. It is one of the common cancers that affect women. But it is also the cancer which has one of the highest survival rates and when diagnosed early, it can be treated, after which the patient goes on to live the normal life term. Some guidelines on how to live with cervical cancer can help you prevent the occurrence of the disease.
Guidelines on living with cervical cancer
- Get an early diagnosis – When detected in the earlier stages, i.e. I, IA and IB, cervical cancer can be treated and cured in majority of the cases. The rate for Stage I, IA and IB ranges from 80-95 per cent. The chance of leading a normal healthy life increases a lot more with an early diagnosis.
- Have lot of green tea capsules – Green tea contains an antioxidant which helps in removing a substance responsible for development of tumours. Plasmin is the substance which develops pathways for tumours of blood vessels, and the antioxidant catechin found in green deactivates this substance. Recommendation for dosage is 240 mg to be taken thrice a day.
- Have more of turmeric – It is a very potent herb from India that contains certain compounds that activate a protein that suppresses cancer cells. The protein known as tumour protein 53 (p53) prevents cervical cancer by acting on the cancerous cells. You can add turmeric to all your dishes or consider taking turmeric tablets, if you stay in a country where it is not freely available.
- Astragalus capsules – This is a herb that helps in increasing the production of molecule interleukin-2 in your body. This helps your immune system to combat human papillomavirus (HPV), which is the microorganism responsible for cervical cancer. It is recommended that you take 1000 mg thrice a day.
Advice for cervical cancer patients
- Any discomfort that you experience for more than a week should be discussed with your doctor.
- Doctor will tell you about the seriousness of these complications and ways to deal with them.
- Your medical and specialist appointments should be followed.
- Do not miss out on any tests that they recommend.
When you live with cervical cancer, bear in mind that it has one of the better success rates compared to other cancers.
Read more articles on Cancer
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.