One of the biggest challenges a parent faces is guiding their children to behave in a socially acceptable manner. Research has found that overindulgence by parents is the most common reason for behavioural problem. It is important that you recognize the sign of a spoiled child before it’s too late. Read on to know how to control your unruly children.
- Respond to bad behavior in the same way every time. If they see a pattern, they will know what to expect when they misbehave.
- Make rules which are clear and consistent. This helps them to develop self-control and good behavior.
- Use positive methods of disciplining like rewarding good behavior; say a firm “no” to discourage negative actions.
- Give them reminders. If your child misbehaves, remind them of the repercussions (such as “if you hit anyone today in the park I will take you home and there’ll be no television”). Explain the consequences of bad behaviour.
- Give them responsibility and encourage them to help at home. such as with the cleaning and cooking. This gives them a feeling of responsibility and diverts their energy in a positive way.
- Limit their television time and monitor the programs they watch. Many cartoons are violent and aggressive, so children can pick up these traits.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.