For parents with young children, a common problem is getting them to sleep in their own bed. Here are some insightful pointers on how you can manage this task.
- Get new bed-sheets with their favourite cartoons characters, and a blanket or a new toy which he can take to bed.
- Have a scheduled bedtime and start preparing for it early, i.e. put him into his pajamas in good time.
- Make his room and bed comfortable; if he likes music, play a soft, soothing tune.
- Put your child in his bed, give a hug and a kiss and leave the room. Encourage him to fall asleep independently rather than lying down next to him. This way even if he wakes up in the middle of the night, he can soothe himself to sleep again.
- Reassure your child that he is safe and that you are in the next room if needed.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.