Kitchen is a place that has several potentially hazardous things. This makes it important that your kitchen is well planned, so that you will be able to keep your child safe.
Kitchen is a place that has several potentially hazardous things. This makes it important that your kitchen is well planned, so that you will be able to keep your child safe. Some recommendations that could make your kitchen safe for your preschooler are:
Protect from hazards
- All potentially poisonous things such as detergents, pesticides, bug sprays, cleaning products, and any other toxic household chemicals should be stored in a cabinet out of your child’s reach, under lock.
- You can consider using safer products such as non-chlorine bleach, vinegar, borax, mineral oil, and compressed-air drain openers rather than the customary chemicals such as chlorine bleach and cleaning acids.
- Keep all the vitamins and medications away from your child’s reach.
- Keep knives and other sharp objects, such as peelers, graters, mixer and food processor blades, out of your child’s reach preferably in latched drawers or high cabinets. Similarly, breakable crockery such as glassware and china should be kept out of your little ones reach. Throw sharp metal can lid or broken glass immediately out in trash and not in the trash at home.
- The back burners on the gas stove should be used preferably. In case you are using the front burners place the pot with handles toward the back.
- Keep matches and lighter out of your little one’s reach.
- Remove the plug of microwave and oven from electrical socket when not in use.
- Keep toaster, coffeemaker, and all other electrical appliances out of your little one’s reach.
Read more articles in Parenting.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.