It is normal to shed some hair every day. But if you suffer from excessive hair loss, then it is a cause for worry. These are some of the ways in which you can arrest hair fall:
Hair grows at the rate of approximately 1 centimetre per month. The lifespan of a strand of hair is about 2 to 3 years. When old hair falls off, it is replaced by hair. So, it is normal to shed some hair every day. But if you suffer from excessive hair loss, then it is a cause for worry. These are some of the ways in which you can arrest hair fall:
- Hair loss may occur your hormones are out of balance. If the hormone imbalance is corrected, it may stop your hair loss.
- Hair loss may also occur if you take medicines for gout, high blood pressure or heart problems, or take too much vitamin A, birth control pills and antidepressants.
- Fungal infections of the scalp can also cause hair loss.
- If you pull your hair back tight and use a rubberband to tie your hair, your hair may be damaged.
- Do not use hair dyes, hairdryer and curling iron often.
- Take a protein-rich diet.
- Sleep enough and keep yourself free from stress.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.