Now your children are adults; they may or may not be economically independent, but you need to understand that being a parent of an adult is very different from being a parent of a child.
Now your children are adults; they may or may not be economically independent, but you need to understand that being a parent of an adult is very different from being a parent of a child. You have to set an example that they can be proud of. Read on to understand what being a parent of an adult means.
- Respect your child’s decisions and independence. Do not try to interfere with their decisions even though your choice may differ.
- Continue to love and support them. Let them know that they can depend on you in times of difficulty.
- Let them know their strengths and weaknesses when facing challenges. Gently show them the way if needed.
- Respect and love your child's life partner. This is important for healthy relationship.
- Plan your visits if possible according to your child’s convenience as they are more likely to be busy.
- Offer to take care of their children to give them a much needed break.
- Let them know about your health issues, so they can help you plan for any required treatment.
- Consider their care, attention and love as generousity and do not take them for granted.
Read more articles on Parenting.
For more related articles, download OnlymyHealth App.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.