Nutrition is important for a teenager’s physical and mental development, because they are growing every day. Their eating pattern can be a matter of concern for parents, but this can be remedied with some creative parental guidance. Read to know how to rectify or prevent eating disorders in your teenager.
- Make mealtime a family time; children who eat with their family regularly are more likely to eat healthy foods.
- Do not make meal times a place for battle. Avoid lectures and arguments over the table and try to make meal times calm and congenial.
- Let them learn healthy eating habits by serving fruit, vegetables and other healthy foods at every meal. Try to avoid unhealthy foods (like deep-fried or processed). Limit their intake of junk foods such as chips, candy, soda and fruit-flavored drinks.
- Do not force them to eat when they are not hungry. Never use the threat of with-holding food for leverage.
- Involve them in the preparation of meals. Children enjoy deciding what to make for dinner.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.